Saturday, November 15, 2008

T-2 and Counting

Well, in less than two days, I will again be a non-smoker. This week I've continued to gather my Quit Aids and Quit Foods. Even more important, I've been gathering a serious storehouse of Quit Attitude.

I've been telling everyone that I'm quitting on Monday, and have encouraged them all to hold me to my commitment. I've even given my business partner Bob permission to beat on me if he catches me smoking. You'd have to see (and know) Bob to understand what a threat I've issued to myself. See, Bob is a LOT bigger than me. And he's really serious about honoring his commitments. He's also an avid Smoke Hater, although he's never given me grief about the habit.

And, as you might already see, Bob has promised to do his part to support my quit. He's promised to beat the tar out of me if he catches me smoking. "I love you, bro, but I'll stomp you if you don't keep your word... because I'm keeping mine!"

It's good to have friends.

I'll see you on Monday, and file a full report.

Almost smober,

Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment