Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day Seven and Still Going Strong

Whew! What an end to the week! But I'm still here, and I'm still NOT smoking.

But it sure hasn't been easy! My guitarist - and one of my very bestest friends - has been having sever back problems. And, on Wednesday evening, he found out he had to have urgent back/neck surgery. Obviously, that freaked all of us out, especially since it would have such an impact on his ability to play guitar.

Well, I'm very pleased to say that Gary came through the surgery with flying colors! In fact, if all goes well, he'll be home today. So... PRAYERS PLEASE!!!

Those who have quit, or are trying to quit, know that triggers are dangerous. And life-changing events, such as Gary's surgery can be a serious problem. It is during those times that it's crucial to keep your quit aids handy (and USE them!) and to constantly remind yourself that smoking won't help.

Thankfully, I have a strong support group... people close to me who want to see me succeed. I am VERY grateful to all of them.

Anyhoo... today we're going to the Thanksgiving dinner at the place where we worship. And I'm going to say some extra "thank you"s for my support group.

First Week (Almost) Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment