Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Counting Down

One day closer to Q-Day. I'm on track to smoke less than a pack today. Part of my program is to smoke less each day as I approach next Monday. In the past, I've found this to be helpful, as it minimizes my withdrawal cravings. I'm also going to be using some Quit aids, such as the patch, and possibly some herbal supplements. Then, of course, there's the fresh veggies for snacking, sugar-free gum, and a ton of other things to prepare.

One of the most important preparations (for me, anyway) was to begin informing everyone I know. There are two reasons for this:

First, I want to warn others that I might be a little "off" for a while, and

Second, I want them all to keep asking me how my quit is going.

See, if they know I've quit, maybe they won't bonk me over the head quite as readily if I get a little testy. And if I know that everyone else knows I've quit, it will help me maintain my resolve in moments of weakness.

So... one day closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment