Monday, November 17, 2008

And the Quit Begins

Well, that's that. Last night I threw out the last of my cigarettes before going to bed. This morning, I've been up for just over an hour. And I'm a non-smoker.

OK. Non-smoker. Practice typing and writing that. And saying it.

No, thanks. I don't smoke.

So far, I'm still in Doctor Jekyll mode, feeling pretty human and sort of normal. But I'm sure that, later, the evil Mr. Hyde will come bursting out of my skin, screaming for some nicotine.

That's why I have Bob. See, Bob is my business partner. He's also really big. And, while he's normally very nice and easy-going, he's also very large and has a very large club. He has promised to help my with my Quit by using said club to remove any cravings that might be hiding somewhere int he deeper crevices of my mind or body. Around here, we call this motivation. In Gitmo, it's called by other names.

Glenda is NOT enjoying this. She said she'd quit with me. I'm afraid she's having second thoughts now. I told her I told her I'd be happy to call Bob for her. She said, "no, it's not Bob's fault. I don't want to take it out on him. Besides, I like Bob."

Gotta love it.

So. OK. Day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment